Player Feature - Optimal Time of the Day
An in-depth look into Optimal Time of the Day, a system Player Feature; how it can be used, the objective of using it, and the logic of how it has been set up.
Possible outcomes (Classes)
- 02:00 UTC (02:00-03:59 UTC)
- 04:00 UTC (04:00-05:59 UTC)
- 06:00 UTC (06:00-07:59 UTC)
- 08:00 UTC (08:00-09:59 UTC)
- 10:00 UTC (10:00-11:59 UTC)
- 12:00 UTC (12:00-13:59 UTC)
- 14:00 UTC (14:00-15:59 UTC)
- 16:00 UTC (16:00-17:59 UTC)
- 18:00 UTC (18:00-19:59 UTC)
- 20:00 UTC (20:00-21:59 UTC)
- 22:00 UTC (22:00-23:59 UTC)
- 00:00 UTC (00:00-01:59 UTC)
Evaluate Optimal Time of the Day
- This movement is a Time-Based Query that is set to run at a set time of 'Every day at 03:00 UTC'.
- The query is focused on the conversion rate;
- This looks at the conversion rates from activities sent at different times during the day. For example, if 4 activities were fired at 16:00 UTC the query makes a calculation to see how many of these activities the player deposited. This is how the conversion rate is calculated.
- It is important to note that the only time brackets taken into consideration in this calculation are those which have at least 6 Activity fires and a conversion rate that is strictly greater than 0.2.
- The time bracket with the best conversion rate is chosen as the Optimal Time of the Day.
- If no optimal time can be deduced due to a lack of data, the time when the most deposits were made will be taken as the most optimal time. If the player never made a deposit, the registration time will be taken as the most optimal time.
- When using this Player Feature inside an Activity, it will fire at the beginning of the time bracket, i.e. for the classification 12:00 UTC it will fire at 12:00 UTC, and for the classification 16:00 UTC it will fire at 16:00 UTC, and so on.
- Blocked and excluded players are also included.
- The time with the highest number of player deposits
- Highest response rate or engagement rate
- Based on previous player login times (the time the player logged in)