Guide on what steps are needed from the Operator to use Sendgrid to deliver Emails triggered from Fast Track CRM.
Steps to set up Sendgrid
- Set up Account - The Operator sets up an account on Sendgrid, one for Staging & one for Production.To set up the account visit: https://sendgrid.com/
- Credentials or API Key - The Operator provides Fast Track with account credentials or API key.
- Go to Settings -> API Keys-> Create API Key
- Enter API Key Name (e.g FT Staging Key / FT Production Key)
- Choose Full Access
- Click Create & view
- Copy the Key and send it securely to your Integration Manager
- Sender Name & Sender Address - The Operator provides Fast Track with a Sender Name & Sender Address.
- Webhook URL - Fast Track provides a webhook URL to setup reporting in Sendgrid once integration environments are live. - The Operator can also set it up as instructed on the screenshot at the bottom of this page.
- Sender & Domain Authentication - The Operator sets up Sender & Domain authentication* inside Sendgrid account (for Production account only) - Please find full instructions on how to set it up here.
- Domain Warm Up- The Operator can warm up a dedicated IP address to improve the sender reputation
Setting up Webhook URL
Webhook URL is setup inside Sendgrid from Mail Settings -> Event Webhook -> Add URL in HTTP Post URL with the below settings: